Future

Our JOY and LEGACY

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jury Duty

I was summoned to attend court yesterday for jury duty and bummed that I was not randomly picked for any of the panels. This is one of the great ways that the US of A is still considered a democracy. I know from sitting in a room full of jurors that not really anyone wanted to be there. Granted it seems to be the general opinion that it really sucked to be summoned. It was a great sign of appreciation from the courts to take the time to address the specific questions in the audience with an overall video and judge who explained the details of what goes on to get through the process. I hoped of course that it gave many a new perspective of what an honor it is to be there, but no one seemed changed. I guess for me the bottom line is, I would want to have my many fellow citizens from all walks of life with different perspectives to listen to my side and deliberate, rather than have an individual (The Judge) who at some point I'm sure gets tunnel vision in that chair, decide the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment