Future

Our JOY and LEGACY

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tragic event in Colordao

When an event happens that needs explaining with cautious words to my children I dig deeper with God and pray for the right words to help them understand the situation, and the ugliness that has occurred. When hearing what experts are suggesting you tell your munchkins is well and good, (to reassure them that they are safe and their family is safe), it in my opinion does not give them a solid peace or real peace. That comes from the Prince of  Peace, Christ Jesus. I am their protector as mama bear, and it is my job to keep them safe as they understand well, however I am not the end all and be all. That position is God's alone. So for me its about helping them build an even stronger relationship with the Holy Spirit. This confidence in their Savior will allow them to endure all things.

2 comments:

  1. Here's something I read today that I think is also a great thing to point out to the kiddos in addition to what you already posted: "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." -- Fred Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie. I took time today to share this with the munchkins. That too is great comfort to little ones the tangible safety that "helpers" have always provided.

    ReplyDelete