Future

Our JOY and LEGACY

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Eat

It has been something that I have been pretty adamant about since being a "mom", eating whatever is given to you. Story goes; Lunch needed to be made and shopping wasn't done. Going into the kitchen to throw something together is always fun. Rummaging through the food available I grabbed; whole wheat pasta, veggie burgers, almonds, a can of tomatoes, and a can of black olives. Throwing all of these items together with chicken stock and olive oil for a full pasta, I knew full well that my children might grimace. Granted they would do what they could to keep it on the low, low, but to my surprise they all loved it! The big idea behind having my munchkins eat without complaint is to teach them appreciation. There are so many reasons this means something to me. What days lay ahead that their meals will be with joy no matter the situation because they were taught that food is not to be taken for granted but instead to be valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment