Future

Our JOY and LEGACY

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Own up

When I do something wrong, it is rare that I am quick to jump to my consequences. Who is though? I believe everyone takes pause. And in that pause so very much goes through my mind. All the reasons why what I did was ok, and how I can justify it. So when in a situation with my munchkins I try to train their thought process to get down to real bottom line. Believe it, if you do not make a point to train yourself to do otherwise you will naturally justify your actions, even if its just a little, you will try and justify. There in lies the problem. So what I tell myself, what I tell my munchkins is; ask yourself what all occurred, not just what happen to you, instead find "your" true error. Then let me know what we need to work out, and we do. This is where I hope I am teaching them self-accountability. It is not what happen to them that puts them in the real situation of jeopardizing their character, its their actions thereafter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment