Future

Our JOY and LEGACY

Friday, April 1, 2011

A listening ear

When I talk to my friend, I am not looking to her for a solution. I really just want my voice to be heard without judgement. We are all familiar with wanting to vent. It is not always easy to vent to our husbands because they tend to feel like we are nagging and want them to "fix" it, just in case that is not the case with anyone else I'll speak for myself. So having a healthy circle of girlfriends has been a constant for me. Anyway, I had a conversation that has played out over the past few days regarding what was expected when we vent to one another.
1. Let us speak until we are done, unless...
2. We need a reality check, then...
3. Cut us off immediately and...
4. Show us the picture, standing from outside the circle, otherwise...
5. Just listen, we don't have to agree and we are allowed to give our perspective, but ultimately loving one another unconditionally is what the other is looking for. All of our flaws, and weaknesses too. Excepting each other for who we are, we need a healthy circle of friends we can rely on, yep, rely on to be our listening ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment