Future

Our JOY and LEGACY

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Taking the time

Not sure what was going on in my world yesterday but all my children seem to be having real difficulty taking care of business and even helping one another. I saw a lot of passing the buck, and bickering. Oh how that drives me mad. When these days occur, I take a minute and evaluate me. I know my children are a reflection of who I am. My mirror, for the most part looks pretty good, but there are days that it needs some real clean up. So, I needed to think, "where are they seeing me behave this way to other people?". I have not pin pointed it, but I will keep a keen eye on my attitude towards everyone around me. I also sat down with the 4 older ones around me on the floor and reminded them who they are. I showed them that who they are is never hidden, it shows in their actions and behavior towards themselves and others, and it was my responsibility to make them aware of that and then the decision was up to them to carry on that way or not. It was important too that they knew what I expected from them, I expected the best of who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment